Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manyroqfamily
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Mine just started this on the 4th without any cause.  Roku needs to explain.  I have 5 Roku tvs or Roku devices.

12gauges5w
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

All the sudden, contemporaneously, 2 of the 3 roku's (or roku remotes) are skipping past apps, and, when I'm in an app, it skips channels, or categories. As well, I press the volume once, and it just keeps going up (or down). The curious thing is that my roku without a volume control button seems unaffected. Nothing has been changed, tinkered with or adjusted. It's maddening!!!

0 Kudos
Brig22

Jump to solution

Have tried all suggestions, still skipping.. remote works fine with Netflix just Roku channel skips over series… looks like you have a defective product?! Mine is 6 months old… express 4K voice remote.. guess I have to buy another brand? 
no resolve found in community forum. Customer service not available for this product??? Very disappointed! 

0 Kudos
Jasonrusso77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Home button 5x up arrow 1x, rewind 2x, fast forward 2x.

This performs a reset that's different from the "system restart."  It worked for me on 4 units that had this issue. 

0 Kudos
barry53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i am having the same problem on two different TV's and Rokus.  It occurs on Xfinity Streaming and PBS channels.

0 Kudos
barry53
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue for a couple weeks on two different tvs and Rokus and on two different channels (Xfinity Stream and PBS)

0 Kudos
Streamer308
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing with my 6 month old 4k+ Recently got  Amazon Firestick & it is great. Prime day is starting next week. Mine has voice activation & dedicated Prime video button. Roku customer support is a joke.

0 Kudos
Mattyd29

Jump to solution

I am also having the issue, so far only with Hulu, not with YouTube, Prime, or other streaming outlets. The issue just started about a week ago.

0 Kudos
Prez1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugged device along with hdmi cable. Restarted system and problem was gone. Also I cleaned the face of the unit as it was dusty. Maybe interfering with the signal from remote?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll work on it and investigate the issue further to resolve this. Kindly provide the following information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Video recording when the issue happens.

We would appreciate your response regarding this matter.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos