Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mstraka606
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

That feels like a very last resort.  Having to reinstall and re-link all accounts…. I’m hoping an alternative reveals itself…

0 Kudos
Airwolf1

Jump to solution

About 4 months ago I replaced my sticks with ultra's so I could stream off the USB. Over a month ago I started having the skipping routine including the volume jump on both Ultra's.  I tried resetting and all the other ideas that have come up here and none of them work.  I now use the remotes from my sticks and have had no problem.  The only time I use the fancy remotes from the Ultra's is when I want to plug a headset in so both Ultra's now have 2 remotes paired.

Dave

0 Kudos
Mstraka606
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A bit more research…Xfinity app has the problem +++ but the Apple app doesn’t demonstrate the issue.  I’m thinking it’s related to an app problem not being current with a Roku system update…

0 Kudos
VA1DER
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have yet to find an app that is completely immune to the issue.  Some seem far more sensitive to it, where it happens much more frequently and where each instance is more serious.  But every app seems to demonstrate it.

I would love to believe it's solely a software issue, but I suspect it is a hardware issue that is being mitigated by some software means.

0 Kudos
Jasonrusso77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this same issue and it also seems to be linked to the Xfinity app (which is 90% of my Roku use). It doesn't do it on the honescreen. I don't believe Netflix does it. 

I have 6 Rokus, and they at least 4 of them do this. 2 TV's (with stream bars) and 2 stream bars.

My old Roku Express do not. All use the voice remotes with the volume buttons.  

0 Kudos
Jasonrusso77
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The reset sequence seems to have fixed mine!! 

0 Kudos
gwillie11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed the advice of one poster and he said go to settings then remotes and setup your remote for your tv again. Go through all the steps and when you’re finished, unplug your Roku for about a minute and plug it back in. I did this on all the boxes and it fixed the problem. It seems they updated the firmware in the new build and it screwed with the IR connection. Anyway, all of mine are fine now (all 6 boxes). 

0 Kudos
Mstraka606
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@gwillie11 that process solved the issue with Xfinity.  Thank you for posting the info!!

0 Kudos
Verna28

Jump to solution

My remote is doing this too.  The stick is plugged into the TV’s HDMI port, powered by plugging into wall outlet.  It skips channels while in Discovery+, and also Disney+.  It has not done this at all until the last two weeks.  I have changed nothing. Please help!

Jaykay777

Jump to solution

Same here it’s your software problem I’m sure. Sooooooo annoying. 

0 Kudos