Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem on 2 of my TVs, the Roku stick is in HDMI 2, moved to HDMI 1 and still doing the same thing. VERY frustrating!!

Elikathal

Jump to solution

I have the same issue but only with Discovery+. Every time it happens I have to restart the entire roku to fix it. It’s not a permanent solution, it will start up again after a few days but it fixes it for a bit. I don’t think it’s actually a Roku issue but an issue within the app you’re using but good luck getting the app developers to acknowledge there’s an issue. 

0 Kudos
gwillie11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have exactly this same problem, regardless of the app I'm using.  I thought it might be the sensitivity of the buttons had changed somehow because I can press the arrow keys very quickly and it will only move one selection most of the time.  If I do a normal press and release, it jumps 2 to 3 channels.  If I press and hold for a second, it will scroll 20-30 channels.  This is happening on every Roku box and remote and I have six of them.  They are all the Ultra LTs with the voice remote.

GTC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On July 1, 2023 my Roku remote started to skip two or three selections with one press on any of the arrow keys. 
I’ve had the same Roku remote and stick for over two years without this issue and all of the sudden it starts skipping on the first of a new month is very coincidental isn’t it?

I too have tried rebooting the stick and remote and it continues to skip  and any talk about the light or RF in the room is nonsense because nothing has changed, including the times I watch Roku  

interestingly, the Roku remote works fine with the Amazon and Tubi apps through Roku so all the evidence points back to the Roku app itself  

I know Roku does some updates at the first of the month so I wondering if there’s a connection?

Mstraka606
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same.  Started a few days ago (maybe July 1 as others have stated). Seems to weird that we all noticed this relatively recently for it to be the hardware.  Considering a new remote for $20 to test

Jump to solution

Mine has started doing this in the last couple of days too, but only within the Plex app (so far). If it didn't actually start on the 1st it was within one day.

0 Kudos
Clarksod

Jump to solution

System reset will do it.

0 Kudos
CharlieRutledge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just recently started happening to me too. Agree it seems like a software issue. We have Rokus on three different TVs, and it started happening on all three of them (each with its own remote) about the same time. Was working fine until them, for about a year.

Serindipte

Jump to solution

I have six TVs, all using Roku sticks - ALL started jumping when buttons are pressed, no matter how briefly. This has to be something in the OS or updates for all of them to start so closely together. One of the rooms is rarely used and that one is just as bad as the others, so there's no chance the remote was damaged in any way.

0 Kudos
SugarAvenue
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and no matter what I do I can’t get it fix itself. I change the batteries. I reset my TV.  This is a TCL Roku smart TV. I have two of those and I’ve had them for years and I love them. I also have a Roku box that I use. That remote works on my bedroom TV but not the TV it is assigned to, the living room. When you press and upper down button on certain apps, it just goes crazy all the way up all the way down, next time up maybe three, down maybe five. There is no rhyme or reason or set a number of things it skips going up and down.  Or I’m having the most trouble is on Paramount plus. On Hulu it works the way it supposed to.

I haven’t really tried any of the other streaming services yet. 

0 Kudos