Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronhb
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

There are a couple of suggestions above for rebooting the system. I was having the same problem. I unplugged the unit and pulled out the HDMI cable for good measure. After waiting several minutes I plugged things back in and the problem was gone.

Siouxsan

Jump to solution

Yowza! You the answer man. Thanks!

0 Kudos
smci

Jump to solution

Followed your instructions and that seemed to fix it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
wantingtobuy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree mine just started doing this the last few days,  I paired an old remote to another roku i had and it does te same thing.  It seems to be a Roku problem not the remote.  by the way using the roku app on my iphone it works fine.

jrs74656

Jump to solution

I started having the same problem a few days ago with my remote. It is a voice-activated remote, but I don't use that feature. If I start up Paramount+, Hulu, or PBS and press the down arrow button, it scrolls anywhere from 2 to 5 items at a time - never just the next one. I've unplugged the Ruko for over a minute and plugged it back in, to no avail. I don't see how to open the remote to remove the batteries - it's rechargeable via a USB connection to the Roku. I've also pressed what I suspect is a reset button on the back of the remote and have re-paired it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue with the Roku remote!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

If the problem still persists, you can also check out this support article: How to fix a Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Claude1146

Jump to solution

Thank you. The System Restart worked.

0 Kudos
BillGus

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem but ONLY with the Roku Channels and Roku LIVE apps. All other streamers work. It’s late now but will try restart tomorrow.

0 Kudos
BillGus

Jump to solution

Couldn’t help myself so went and tried restart and remote now works as intended! Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
RJMVA

Jump to solution

Unplugging the ROKU Stick and letting it cool solved my skipping. Added a short HDMI cable to allow me to place the Stick where it is better ventilated. Working fine now.

0 Kudos