Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieRutledge
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

@VA1DERI get your frustration but your statement is incorrect. In my case, simply doing a system restart fixed a problem that manifests exactly as described in this thread (sudden onset of skipping across multiple devices), and at least for me this fix has persisted for multiple days, far more than five minutes. It is absolutely worth pointing that out to the clearly many new people encountering this problem. Reasonable to assume (but impossible to prove) that a post of that nature on every page prevents a lot of new posts from appearing.

0 Kudos
DLSL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as everyone else and I have tried everything. It happens on all apps, but not on the homepage. But when I use the keyboard through the Roku app on my phone this does not happen so I know for sure it is the remote itself. I have not even had this very long and I'm really disappointed that I'm having this trouble.

0 Kudos
Gardenchiq

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues.  Only had Roku for a few months.   I have the roku ultra

0 Kudos
Bluya76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sane issue here, but on 3 different roku platforms' remotes. A Roku Ultra, Roku TV, and a Roku Soundbar. Ultra is really bad. So bad trying to type logins to streaming apps is impossible. The other 2 it's skipping every couple of pressed while going through the apps or shows to watch. Doesn't matter which app. Definitely a software issue and needs fixing asap! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

2 year old remote started skipping about 1 week ago. Worst on hulu and peacock. Skips one two and sometimes multiple times.  I find if I am way light and fast on the arrow keys it works properly.  Did someone reprogram the signal sensitivity without consulting the hardware specs?

natalieu23

Jump to solution

I’m having issues with my remote skipping over channels too. I can’t get it to navigate where I want it to. I have Model 3930RW Roku Express, Serial Number X00400CWD99R. I have tried rebooting to no avail.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have two tvs with 2 different Roku's and 2 different remotes in 2 different rooms that are both having the same skipping issue, so there's no way it's a port, a plug, etc. The only new thing is I bought a new voice remote from Roku direct and at first it was fine but over last weekend it starting skipping. Then the remote to the 2nd tv started. With the holiday weekend I was hoping maybe Roku did a software update that was bad & they would fix it after the holiday, but no luck. Both tvs skip 2-5 or more icons with every press. I'm using Acorn through Roku & Hulu. Very frustrated & I've loved my Rokus for 1 1/2 years with 0 issues. So what's changed?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks! Worked for me too.

0 Kudos
cdiethert

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue, and finally, I found the reset button on the bottom of my Roku I pressed that once and let it do its thing, the problem was solved. I have the Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
Helllkittten
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Press home button > scroll to click on settings > click on system > click on power > click system restart

It worked for me! Hope this helps. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.