Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosa44
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I ended up unplugging the Roku from the power source for 5 seconds and plugging it in again. The problem was solved.  It was not remotes.  I just needed to reset the Roku by unplugging it and plugging it in again. 

Paul_M_17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yep, that's what I did too.

0 Kudos
KevMS

Jump to solution

I have a stick in my BR and a premier in my media room. Both were doing this exact thing. A reboot fixed the problem immediately in both rooms. Press home five times, up arrow, RW twice, FF twice. It will freeze for a few seconds then reboot itself. After that, both my devices work glitch free! Hope this works for you. 

Paul_M_17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wow, surprised that ROKU allowed you to post the secret code. But don't give up the secret handshake..... Actually, Thanks.

0 Kudos
SteveBz

Jump to solution

FIXED! I had 2 Roku Ultras jumping random channels on multiple apps. I tried Settings -> System -> System Restart, and it fixed both of them.

Trainman

Jump to solution

Thank you Steve. The reboot did it.

0 Kudos
Bsr3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku keeps skipping over channels, in Streaming Apps and in Search.  Many users have this problem.  Problem Just starting.  . Hey Roku…what’s the fix?  

Bsr3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not a voice remote.  Just a regular old fashioned Roku remote with toggle/push buttons.  Happens on Xfinity App, Disney, PBS and many other streaming channels/apps

0 Kudos
Bsr3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After reading other users posts I removed the Roku device installed on the TV from its port on the TV, reinstalled it and then changed the batteries in the handheld Roku stick.  Everything seems to be working now. Let’s hope this a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
Domenic64

Jump to solution

IT WORKED! 👍

Follow as described: Disconnect power from Roku for 10-15 seconds, reconnect power. Press and hold the reset button on back inside of battery compartment on your Roku remote until green light comes on. Your Roku app will pair with remote in seconds. Now try again as this should solved the skipping.

Enjoy watching your favorite channels!

0 Kudos