Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Groggy071

Remote signal issues on TV

I have 2 ROKU tvs and both remote to TV signaling are terrible. I thought the first one was because it was up high in my kitchen. The other is not and have to stretch the arm up to change the channel, volume etc. And yes, batteries were changed. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote signal issues on TV

Buy wifi voice remotes for each, the signals go through walls. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Remote signal issues on TV

Over the decades I have had many IR devices and they all have somewhat different IR patterns.  Some manuals are nice enough to document this: for example, one allowed 45 degrees off-axis horizontally, but only 10 degrees vertically.  I’m guessing they do stuff like that to reduce interference from overhead lights.  On the high-up one you might try angling it more downward.  This might improve the picture too as a lot of LCDs have inaccurate color off-axis.  Of course, like @Tivoburkee  said, it’s great to have the Wi-Fi remote option too!

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.