Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calt88

Request for Wireless Charging Remote

I love my Roku players and looking to upgrade when a wireless charging remote is available. I have several wireless chargers around the house where I set my phones to charge. I want to do the same with my remotes.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Request for Wireless Charging Remote

@calt88-

Roku remotes have not taken that leap yet.

The Roku Voice Remote Pro uses a micro USB connection.  The Roku Voice Remote Pro (Edition 2) uses a USB 3 connection.

Maybe there will be a Roku Voice Remote Pro (Edition 3) that charges wirelessly, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
6E616D65
Roku Guru

I second that. It's about time Roku caught up with the technology in my toothbrush and waterpik. As far as maintaining the wi-fi direct connection to the Roku at the same time, phones stay on wi-fi while charging all the time.

From the sounds of some of the complaints here, though, they'll need to settle on dependable batteries first. That may be what's holding it up.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @calt88 @6E616D65.

Greetings from the Roku Community.

This remote is not available at the moment, but no worries! We will share it with the respective team and appreciate your suggestion about a Wireless Roku Remote.

In the meantime, you may check our official Blog website for the latest updates: Roku Blog

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.