Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
targe

Roku rechargeable remote not holding charge

I read online that it takes about 5 hours to fully charge the remote and then it should last for a few months on that charge. I’m finding that it’s completely out of power in less than a week. I turned off the speak to remote toggle to try to save power but I don’t know what to do to make it more efficient. Is the backlight just coming on and off constantly or something to drain the battery?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku rechargeable remote not holding charge

Welcome to the Roku Community, @targe!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to help you find the best resolution for the issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition). 

Kindly try the following troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this:

• Reset your remote: press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and observe if the same issue occurs.
  • Try different cords: let's see if charging your remote using a different USB C charging cable makes any difference. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes so we can continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.