Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasper2
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote pairing with out a pairing button

What would explain why, on an IR remote, most of the controls do work but the volume and mute controls do not?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The IR remote (Roku Simple Remote) does not have volume or mute buttons. If your remote has those, it is one of the WiFi Direct remotes. The volume and mute buttons can use IR and are programmable on the later model remotes, but some of the early remotes would only control the volume via CEC. My Roku remotes with volume buttons have always worked with CEC on my TVs, regardless if they were connected to an AVR. However, my Stick 4K+ will not control the sound on hotel TVs when I'm traveling, so I'm guessing the hotel TVs have CEC disabled (or perhaps not even equipped with it). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Rene14s

Trying to pair my non battery remote. It is stuck on “to pair your remote…”

I can’t get off the screen. Then I found batteries for my old battery remote and it’s still not working. I have no tv.  I was doing a factory reset to get some stranger off my apparently refurbished roku in order to cancel nesn $30 monthly which has now cost me $120 because I can’t cancel it can’t get in my tv and can’t pair the remote!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rene14s,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem of not being able to connect your Roku remote to your Roku device. Please check out this support article on how to set up your Roku voice remote. If the issue persists, you can also follow the troubleshooting steps listed on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MableMeece

The roku box model# is 3930X. The SN# 501332741616. My account number is mablemeece6@gmail.com. The remote is a TCL RokuTv remote. My TV is a ONN. My dog chewed the old remote. So I bought a new remote but can't get it to work. Help me please.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MableMeece, you can't use a Roku TV remote on a stand-alone Roku device (unless it's a voice remote).  For the 3930, you can use any of the current Roku remotes or a universal remote that supports Roku devices.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
SHayes2
Reel Rookie

This is rediculous. Roku should be embarassed. 

0 Kudos
Bigrob1018

The Roku is the Express and the TV is a Emerson 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bigrob1018,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to investigate and try to help.

Could you elaborate more on this remote concern? What specific Roku remote is paired with your Roku Express? When did you start having this issue? Are there any error messages?

Please keep us informed so we can provide you with an accurate resolution.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos