Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote not working stuck on home screen

Thank you for the added information, @JenSten.

In this case, I will coordinate this with our Support team for additional reinforcement. With this, I will contact you via Private Message to gather further details, such as the email address linked to your Roku Streaming Stick 4K. 

In the meantime, I highly recommend using the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote so you can continue streaming and navigate to your Home screen. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system. The Remote feature of the mobile app allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tdavisTD

Mine is stuck on not the home screen but the  scrolling scene on the SF waterfront.  I cannot get it to do anything from there.  Tried to go to home screen will not go, tried the play button between the forward and reverse and ok button. Nothing happens.  Replaced batteries on the remote no luck bought new non voice remotes 2 for $10 on Amazon still no luck.  Wanted to do a restart or reset but that wants you to go to home and settings, I cannot do that.  Have had the current remote since we bought this LG tv from Best Buy a couple years ago and has worked fine since until a couple days ago. First it was periodic now its constant. Tom 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @tdavisTD!

Thank you for informing us about the issues you're experiencing with your Roku remote. We are eager to gather additional information to understand your concerns better and assist you in finding the best possible solution.

Kindly let us know the following details:

• Serial number of the Roku device this remote was paired to:
  • When and where did you purchase this device?
  • Are there any blinking lights when you press random buttons on your remote?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.