Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsuriano
Reel Rookie

Remote killing batteries!

Why is my remote literally draining my batteries? This is nuts! Two batteries every single day!! This is not kosher. I’ve had the Roku like 3 yrs.
SKU3226000611
Model:RC-AL2

IC5959A-RCB14

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote killing batteries!

Hi @Dsuriano

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the remote. Have you tried re-pairing the remote to the Roku device? This may help resolve the battery-draining issue. Please follow the steps here under Troubleshoot your voice remote with standard batteries: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If you have already tried this and the issue still occurs, please let us know along with the serial number of your Roku device where the remote is paired to. So we can provide further assistance. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Melisue

Have you found a resolution to your problem? We have the same issue and it’s getting really fu***** annoying. I especially with batteries costing so much. I want to just talk to customer service, but you can’t seem to be able to do so. A replacement would be nice, but doubt they would do that. 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Melisue

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

Have you tried running the steps on this link above posted by  @RokuNimfa-C. to get your remote back up and running?

If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Dsuriano
Reel Rookie

No, your steps above do not work. Where is the serial number? And replacement remote would be greatly reduce appreciated. Because it is certainly warranted. Like I said, I get to use one set of batteries each time. I try to use the remote. This is beyond ridiculous.! 

0 Kudos
Dsuriano
Reel Rookie

No solution! A replacement would be grand!! 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Dsuriano

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Helmsleyfan
Reel Rookie

I've had a similar issue, try under setting/remotes that your roku only has the one remote paired to it. I checked and I had 2 remotes paired to 1 device and I think it was constantly trying to pair back and forth and was draining the battery because it was always "working"

0 Kudos
Yapper
Channel Surfer

I'm also having problems with battery life. I have a Voice remote and use standard AAA batteries, but they only last a couple of weeks. I've tried the troubleshooting guide, but I still have to replace the batteries way too often. This seems like a design defect. How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Yapper 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos