Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hrsemn4
Reel Rookie

Remote has lost functions in YouTube App

Jump to solution

Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

Remote Model - RC-EL3

Using Wifi via Linksys Velop

Recently, I noticed that my VoicePro remote was not functioning in the same way within the YouTube app.  Specifically, I can no longer use a long press on the OK button to bring up options for videos such as "go to channel" or "add to watch later".

I have not noticed any other issues with the remote or on any other channel.  Does anyone have any insight as to what may have happened here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote has lost functions in YouTube App

Jump to solution

Hi @Hrsemn4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a playback issue with a YouTube channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hrsemn4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a playback issue with a YouTube channel. In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Home > Settings > System > Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  • Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Even following the directions to uninstall, restart and reinstall, I’m still experiencing the issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Das_Djentleman,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the YouTube channel. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

• What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is it isolated to one content or channel?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oozecube
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue also. Not sure how to send a useful video of nothing happening when I press a button on the remote. This is making the app unusable for me. I’ve tried your suggestions for fixing it and noticed it works fine when I’m not signed in on the app, but when I sign in, it stops working. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's doubtful it's anything to do with the remote. Most likely, there was a YouTube update that caused problems. There have been issues since Roku updated to OS12, where YouTube sometimes just goes to a black screen when you exit it normally. You have to hit the Home key to fully exit sometimes.

I just tested on my 2 Roku's and it works fine on both, logged into YouTube. I tried both the Roku remote and the normal universal IR remote I usually use. Both are version 2.22 build 110005090. Press the asterisk "*" key on the Roku home screen when YouTube is selected to see what version you have.

0 Kudos
oozecube
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Roku OS 12, the same YouTube version you listed, and a Roku Express 3930RW. 

0 Kudos
oozecube
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Chel, any advice for when the listed suggestions don’t fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @oozecube 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We recognize that the problem persists despite the troubleshooting measures taken, and we value the steps taken to fix it. The best way to learn more and get the problem fixed is to get in touch with the channel provider's support directly because the issue only affects this particular channel across various platforms. The majority of channels are created and managed directly by the channel providers.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.