Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgarizona

Roku Express Remote Doesn't Have A Power Button or Vooume Controls

I purchased a Roku Express unit to replace an Amazon Firestick. To my surprise, the Roku remote that came with the unit doesn't have a power on/off button or volume controls. I have to turn the TV on with the TV remote, select and change channels/apps with the Roku remote, and control the volume with the TV remote. Seems ridiculous to me that Roku doesn't have a remote comparable to the Amazon Firestick. Had I known I'd have to use two remotes to watch my TV I would have stuck with the Firestick, which worked just fine.

Roku's customer support team was no help. Their only comment over two separate chat sessions was they'd forward my concern to their product development team. That's not a solution. 

Does anyone know if there is a remote on the market I could purchase that would allow me to use a single remote unit instead of two? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express Remote Doesn't Have A Power Button or Vooume Controls

Yes, even though the express came with an IR remote, it still can be paired to wifi voice remote with  tv controls. You purchase from walmart or best buy separately. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Suzie6

EXACTLY!! How ridiculous that a remote control isn't set up to "control" the power and volumes.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

They sold Roku's for ten years without tv controls on any of their remotes until they added them in early 2018. The difference between the express and express+ is the wifi remote included with express+. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.