Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One remote button barely works

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MikeHunt!

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you've encountered with the buttons on your Roku remote. I'd be happy to help you.

Firstly, please confirm what specific Roku player this remote was paired to? When did you start experiencing this? Do the buttons have issues the first time you used them?

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @hatduug!

Thank you for reporting about the issues you've experienced with the arrow buttons on your remote. I'd happily coordinate this with our Support team for further assistance. 

I will contact you via Private Message to gather personal information. Please keep an eye on your inbox here. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with Roku's streaming players and has a Headphones mode (private listening) feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Schraun
Channel Surfer

Re: Right button issues causes me not to be able to use remote

I'm having the same issue. They should be responsible for this. I'm disappointed 

0 Kudos
Schraun
Channel Surfer

Everyone is having the same issue with the remote right arrow isn't working properly 

0 Kudos
MikeHunt
Reel Rookie

I sent you information a couple of weeks ago and got No reply. Just send me a new remote. Obviously there are lots of costumers with the same problem. This doesn't look good. I hope my finger doesn't break because it's very hard to press. If it does there will be lots of problems for Roku

0 Kudos
Schraun
Channel Surfer

I see everybody's been complaining and they're not doing anything this is very disrespectful but on their mobile app download that and they have an option to use their remote control and it does work until we can find a way to get this resolved without having to buy more of their junk

0 Kudos
MikeHunt
Reel Rookie

I don't want an alternative mobile app. I paid for a remote and roku and it's not working properly. I deserves a new one. Ive been a costumer since 2017. Roku should send me another 

0 Kudos
Schraun
Channel Surfer

I do understand that I was just being helpful until the problem is resolved which it is not I'm very upset myself but I need to use this mobile remote until the situation is resolved which it is not at this time thank you

0 Kudos
ltracy55

Re: Remote hard to push. One one side of my remote

I had the same issue and Roku recently replaced my remote, which I greatly appreciated. The new remote worked for a few weeks and now the right arrow on the new remote is almost impossible to activate. So now what?

0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote hard to push. One one side of my remote

Now they expect you to buy yet another defective remote. I’ve been getting emails every time a new post goes up and I’m back to say the remote for my 11 year old RCA but the dust in an entirely physical way (I’m sure it had nothing to do with the Stanley cup LETS GO OILERS) and when I was shopping you would have thought Roku was the original creator of the tv remote. Seriously, the market is saturated with them. It’s almost like Roku is actually making their money on **bleep** remotes…..

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.