Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boud29

Re: One remote button barely works

I have the same problem with my remote,it's hard on the left side of the +,

it's a premium+ remote with headphones jack, please send me parts,  I cant afford a new one

Thanks you 

0 Kudos
Boud29

It's a  old remote,  it's warnoff on one side,

Need inner parts replacement 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Boud29, sorry, they don't make replacement parts for Roku remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

I'm having the exact same problem. The right arrow button barely works. You have to press it EXTREMELY HARD to get anywhere. What should I do? Buy a brand new fire stick bundle just to get a new remote? That doesn't seem fair.....if anyone has any better ideas I'm all ears.....

0 Kudos
Akirratiff
Channel Surfer

I returned mine to Amazon since it stopped working at only three weeks, but has anyone here tried calling Roku and referencing this as a known issue? You can see here with the amount of people having the exact same issue it’s a manufacturing problem and they really should be recalled. If I had to guess it probably has something to do with the odd place they chose to put the volume controls, which if you don’t know are on the same side that is malfunctioning. Good luck and if anyone does call please keep us posted!

0 Kudos
AaronMF
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi I’m having the exact same problem with my right arrow and Ok button. I ordered it And n 11/11/23 so barely 4 months. Please tell me how to get this replaced since clearly there’s a manufacturing problem. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AaronMF,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting your concern about the issue of your Roku remote buttons. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We are here to assist you in resolving the problem.

To better assist you with the issue, we need to know what type of Roku remote you have. (simple remote, voice remote, and voice remote pro). Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to fix the remote issue?

We look forward to your response so we can continue to assist you in fixing the remote.

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AaronMF
Reel Rookie

@RokuBernie-D Respectfully, there are 9 pages of people complaining about the right arrow button not working and I'm having the same issue so I think at this point you guys should have a standard process to replace the remotes not ask every single person to jump through the same hoops.  Regardless, as I mentioned, I have a Roku Express 4k+ with Voice Remote. I have replaced batteries twice, moved the receiver, disconnected and repaired the remote. I also rebooted the Roku several times. The remote is defective just like the dozens of others have reported. Please tell me how to get it replaced. thank you.

RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AaronMF,

We appreciate you taking the time to discuss this issue with us.
You're having trouble with the Right Arrow and Okay keys with your Roku remote, and we apologize for the inconvenience. No worries. We are more than happy to assist you further with this issue with the remote.
Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.
We are looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GTours

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

This has been happening with my remote. The OK button is extremely hard to press. The model number is RC-GZ1 3226001305. Is it possible to replace just the remote? Thank you.

0 Kudos