Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lstetser

Volume on remote won’t go up, only down

Hi, my volume button is only allowing me to lower sound, not increase. It was working great and suddenly it seems the increase volume just isn’t working. I did see another post and the instructions to do a system restart which I did and that didn’t work. I tried it twice. Tried taking the batteries out of the remote and replacing them, didn’t work either.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mecortin

Re: Volume on remote won’t go up, only down

Same here. Happened yesterday when you posted. What are the odds? Would love to see a response. 

0 Kudos
Mecortin

Update: Disassembled the remote. Only logical explanation is that the button on the little board inside is fried. My local big box store sells a replacement remote made by another company that is advertised as a replacement remote for Roku for about ten bucks. Hope it works!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Lstetser!

Thanks for reaching out and for trying to troubleshoot your physical remote. We'd be happy to provide further information.

Since you've already tried to troubleshoot your remote to no avail seems like you need a replacement for it. Could you please share the following information and we'll see what we can do:

• What specific Roku device this remote was paired to?
  • Is this the remote that came with it or was this purchased separately? What model is this remote?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Mecortin!

We appreciate you sharing your resolution and we'd be happy to suggest some choices regarding this matter.

For a better streaming experience, we highly recommend using a Roku remote as a replacement for your broken one. Our hardware is designed to work seamlessly with the Roku interface. 

You may check this website for our available Replacement Roku remotes

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote so you can continue streaming while waiting for your replacement physical remote. This app is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system.

I hope you find this information helpful!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.