Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggrimes25
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote right button and down button not working

Yes I replied a week ago. Have heard nothing since. 

0 Kudos

Re: Remote hard to push. One one side of my remote

I've had this issue with several remotes I've purchased countless replacements just for the same thing to happen a month later I used a utility knive cut the right arrow out of the remote put a bb in the hole then glued the arrow back to the remote I haven't had this issue since its been 6 months 

0 Kudos
jakokln
Reel Rookie

Re: buttons difficult on 4k stick remote

Same issue here. Got a new remote back in October and now the right arrow and OK buttons are very hard to push. At first I just thought it was my older Roku TV being slow, but realized it just wasn't getting the button presses. Takes a lot of force to use the right arrow or OK, but all other buttons seem fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tannercanesfan @jakokln,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for flagging this issue!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this Roku remote issue. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku voice remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select Remote.
  5. Choose your voice remote from the list and select Set up remote for TV control.
  6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jac51
Reel Rookie

I have same issue. None of the troubleshooting tips even address this problem. This is second remote that the arrow down button takes several tries to work.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jac51,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to further investigate this issue. Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jakokln
Reel Rookie

Still no luck, right arrow and OK button are still hard to press. All other buttons respond normally

0 Kudos
Jac51
Reel Rookie

I have re-paired the remote to tv, I’ve tried relocating the box, I’ve unplugged several times, changed batteries. Still, the arrow down button sticks or won’t work at all. My daughter had same issue with her remote. It gets kind of expensive when the replacement remote costs almost as much as the entire thing and only lasts a few months.

0 Kudos
OS2K
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem - the right arrow on the remote only works when it's pressed really hard.

I had the remote for 5 months. I am pretty sure it's a hardware issue and that the remote needs to be replaced under warranty. 

I would like to know how to initiate a warranty replacement for the defective remote.

0 Kudos
bandon_dunes
Reel Rookie

I have followed the steps and countless others and am still having a problem with a few buttons on my remote. I have even received and installed a HDMI extender. Please help me get a replacement remote.

0 Kudos