Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

Re: One remote button barely works

It didn't help. How would setting it up help one broken, not working button when everything else works?

TerriLee
Binge Watcher

As many have stated in the community I've had roku for about 2 months and the right arrow button has to be pushed very hard to work. I need a replacement 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TerriLee

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Another troubleshooting step we would recommend is performing an un-pair and re-pair of your Roku remote. Kindly follow the step below:

Unpair your Roku remote.

1. Press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. 

Repair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Please keep us posted on how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

• I cannot find a pairing button. 
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @TerriLee.

If your remote doesn't have a pairing button, it is most likely a simple remote thus the suggested troubleshooting steps above may not be applicable. You can refer to this support article on how to fix your remote.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

No it doesn't fix the problem.

Every part of the remote works fine except the right arrow button doesn't work unless pushed very hard.  How do I get a replacement? 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TerriLee

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We've sent you a PM here in the Roku Community regarding this issue. Kindly check your inbox since we've reached you from there.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kimbo72

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

On November 27, 2019 I purchased from Amazon a Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with a Long-range Wireless and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls. This Remote never gave me any problems. It just got misplaced a few months ago. So we purchaces an identical replacement at Walmart. It worked fine for a couple weeks then the volume button started going all the Way up or down with one touch and the right arrow had to be pushed multiple times to get to work for only a few times.. A few weeks later and  the right arrow does nothing no matter how many times you press it. What do I need to do to get a replacement that will last like the original one.

0 Kudos
TiffKey

I have 2 brand new remotes that I purchased from Walmart. Both remotes have the same issue. The down button is extremely hard to press and therefore my children can't even use the remote. I've tried everything. What is next at this point? Can I get these 2 remotes replaced. I paid $22 for each remotes. This is ridiculous. Please help

0 Kudos
TerriLee
Binge Watcher

• Apparently they know the remotes quit working pretty quick with this issue of buttons malfunctioning and  there is apparently no resolution 
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.