Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustSayin
Streaming Star

Re: Remote freezes over 10 times a day.

Eunice, 

This kind of response is why we often have so little faith in support services.

If the remote is frozen, just how exactly is someone supposed to navigate through the menu and do a System Restart? Telekinetics maybe? Yes, if they have a smart phone or tablet, they could download and install a remote app and navigate through the menu that way, but you didn't provide that information, so why even mention advice that is totally useless without the extra information? You only make customers angrier when you do that. Stop reacting to part of what we say, READ what we really say, and then respond to it in a way that at least shows that you paid attention. 

And it would be nice if the Moderators would stop marking issues as "solved" when NO customers agree that it is solved. Multiple Moderators are doing this in many posts and it's yet another thing that only makes us angrier. If you don't have a real solution, don't pretend that you do. Keep the issue marked "unresolved" and work on real solutions.

No one should have to tell you people this, it should be obvious. But apparently, we need to explain it.

suest7
Reel Rookie

I have been having the same issue with my Roku remote. I have through about 12 batteries thinking it must be them, but when I tried the batteries in other appliances - they were fine. I have only had this new Roku stick and remote for about 8 months. The last Roku worked absolutely fine for 5 years. Do I need to buy a new remote control? When I contacted Roku (through Facebook) I did not get an answer either. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @suest7,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku remote. We're sorry if you are having this issue, and we'd like to know more about how we can help.
In order to resolve this, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot the remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote

If the steps provided on the Support page still aren't helping, please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
suest7
Reel Rookie

Hi Chel

I have been through all the pages and have tried everything suggested - still keeps freezing. I can only assume that the quality has plummeted from our last Roku. We never had one issue with it. I would say it freezes about 10 plus times each evening. I have only had it 8 months! Really very unhappy with your service as there has been no solutions on here.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @suest7.

We understand your frustrations. We are happy to continue assisting.

We'd like to clarify if the freezing happens on the device itself or is caused by the remote. In this case, do you have another TV to hook this Roku streaming stick into? We'd like to know if the same issue persists. Also, a reset might help. Have you tried doing it?

Please keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos