Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbands
Reel Rookie

How to get a replacement remote during warranty period

I bought a Roku Streaming Stick 4K in July from Walmart. I have had the device for under 6 months and the right arrow button on the remote has stopped working which makes the whole device basically unusable. I am well within the 1 year warranty period and would like a replacement remote. 

I tried following the warranty/replacement steps at https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options. I've gone through the steps multiple times thinking that it was an issue with customer service hours, but no matter what time of day I try I end up on a page headed 'Let's Get In Touch' with a 'Chat With Us' button that is always greyed out and no way to proceed from there. 

What can I do to get a replacement remote sent?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to get a replacement remote during warranty period

Roku's reported response to warranty claims has sometimes been disappointing. 

Wal-Mart's used to be very good, but I haven't needed to test it in a while. Have you tried going thru Walmart?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
bbands
Reel Rookie

Thanks, for the thought. Walmart's policy is that if the product is still under manufacturer warranty you need to first go through the manufacturer, which brings me back to the Roku warranty process.

0 Kudos
Goletadude

I have a similar issue.  The volume buttons are intermittent.  Other remotes work fine with this TV.  The Roku support is terrible!  I had the same run-around on their website.  Time to look into other products for streaming.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bbands @Goletadude!

Welcome, and thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having an issue with your remotes and we'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this.

It seems like you've done the basics and we appreciate the effort. I sent you a PM for further information.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WL50
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem. I purchased my streaming device around the 21'st of January 2023. Can I be contacted and given some assistance? The volume buttons work intermittently and this is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @WL50,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

If you believe your Roku product is malfunctioning or wish to return your order for a refund, you must first request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Before you submit a refund or replacement request, it is important to understand the details of the process as described in this article. Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos