Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwiftTransient
Channel Surfer

Remote draining batteries

Remote RC692, firmware rtn.4244

3820CA Streaming Stick 4K (serial X01700R3G8TH, software 12.5.0, build 4178-CU)

The remote has been using batteries very quickly since it was purchased new. I was changing batteries every 21 days, or so. I have re-paired the remote by using the procedures in this discussion, and will update if it still drains the batteries quickly.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote killing batteries!

Hi @SwiftTransient,

Thanks for flagging us about this.

When did you start seeing this behavior, and how long have you been using this remote?  Some factors as well that might affect battery usage, such as using the voice command feature.

Or let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thejimmer
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote draining batteries

as I am experiencing the same- I have found that the remote uses a lot of battery power --the one with the head phone attachment/ ultra device- -- I now remove batteries when not ln use -   --  from what i read, this is an issue Ruko seems to turn a blind eye to or just dont give a hoot - so my hoot is to never again by a ruko product  - that will save me money   

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thejimmer,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate your feedback about this remote behavior you're experiencing.

Could you also share with us how long you've been using this remote and when did you start seeing these changes?

With more information, we'll be able to take a closer look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

the remote batteries drain every 1-2 weeks on my roku streaming stick.

The device was purchased in May 2023.

How do I get a warranty replacement of the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @rkustreamuser9,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing. We're pleased to assist.

To update the remote firmware you will need to perform a device restart. This can be performed by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart 

Once your remote has updated to the latest firmware please test the remote for the next week and monitor the battery usage.

If you have any further questions or if this is still an issue, please let us know.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SwiftTransient
Channel Surfer

Hello RokuERay,

The battery drain behavior began right out of the package. I entered the menu and disabled voice command from the beginning. I did turn it on for a little while during recent months to see if it changed the battery life, but no major difference was noted. I will do the restart today.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @SwiftTransient

Thanks for keeping us posted,\.

We acknowledge and appreciate your update regarding this matter. We are looking forward to your response so we can further assist.

Your response is expected.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.