Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dancors

Remote draining batteries Roku express 4k+

Roku express 4k+ draining brand new batteries out of 2 different Roku remotes for the Roku express 4k+, I'm spending like $20 a month on batteries just to keep the remote working!!! My Roku stick and Roku 4k ultra doesn't have this problem, those Roku remote batteries last months, but this stupid Roku express 4k+ remotes can drain brand new batteries in a few hours, how can that be? Remotes are almost as old as TV's are, and in 2022 Roku can't make a remote correctly that doesn't drain the batteries out of 2 different Roku remotes!!! Please help!!! $20 a month on batteries don't cut it to keep Roku boxes because the remote drains them almost instantly. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
hbc72

Re: Remote draining batteries Roku express 4k+

I am having the same problem and I'm not happy.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dancors @hbc72,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
smcamp1216
Reel Rookie

My 4k Roku remote will only connect after I remove my batteries and then put them back in then it only stays connected for about 10 mins and I'll see the battery picture on the tv and the remote will no longer work until I remove the batteries again. 

Model number 3820x

Serial number x01700t8pmf0

Software 11.5.0

I put fully charged rechargeable batteries in yesterday and they are already showing almost dead. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @smcamp1216

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
jillprock
Binge Watcher

I also have the same system (Roku model 3941x) and my batteries last a week at most. The battery pic comes up within a few hours of putting in new energizers then they are dead usually in 5 to 7 days. Just FYI, I was told not to give out my serial number on an open forum. I have to pop out the batteries on my Roku 3 when not in use or the light blinks constantly and drains the  batteries.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @jillprock

Thanks for bringing this to our attention at Roku Community!
We're here to help. Have you already tried to reset and re-pair your Roku remote and see if it helps? If not, kindly give it a shot. Follow the steps from our support page on how to Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Still no dice? Please provide the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote from Settings > System > About, so we can further assist you
What we recommend is never to post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Phoenix7

I have the same problem with my Roku Express 4K+, Model# 3941X, SN X10160021R8JF.

0 Kudos
smcamp1216
Reel Rookie

Since mine was under a year old a free replacement was sent, I haven't had any issues with the new version. Send your info to Roku support. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Phoenix7

Welcome to Roku Community. 

We apologize to hear that are experiencing battery drain on your Roku remote. Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos