Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kherren
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote down button does not work

yes, my issue was caused by the new interface setup from the AT&T app.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your Roku remote. When did this issue occur? Was it triggered after any software update, or did your remote experience any physical damage? Please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue. You can also set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes & Devices.
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ColleenC
Reel Rookie

Following these steps did not make a difference.   This has been an issue from day 1 but it has gotten worse.

0 Kudos
berniez
Reel Rookie

I did what you said as far as a restart. That is not the issue. This is not a software issue. Pushing the down arrow button does nothing unless you push really hard. I own more than 1 of the Roku units. The others are fine. I used a frequency tester. The remote does not emit any frequency until you push down very hard on the button. All other buttons work fine. This is a hardware problem in the remote. I have been putting up with it since purchase in July. Should have returned it to Amazon. Most remotes have metal impregnated rubber contacts. If they are made wrong this is what happens. This will need to have the remote replaced to fix this. This is fully under warranty and I expect to get a warranty replacement. If not I will suck it up and buy a new remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ColleenC,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you trying these steps. Kindly send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message".
We look forward to you reaching out to us privately.
Kind regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RoLuku

I have the same problem with my remote.  VERY annoying. It hurts to use the remote. Two other remotes on two other tvs work fine.  One other remote skips multiple times and will not allow me to chose particular shows.  C'mon, Roku!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @RoLuku

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you've encountered with your Roku remote, and we're here to assist. As a start, let's troubleshoot this to resolve the issue. Kindly perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power > (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. After this, kindly check if the remote still skips when navigating.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.