Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pronator
Channel Surfer

Remote design - did anybody actually want a rechargeable remote?

With my new Roku Ultra came a new Voice Remote Pro with built-in rechargeable battery - "No more swapping batteries"!  But to my mind it's simpler and faster to swap in 2 spare rechargeable AA batteries than it is to get the USB micro-B charger from the other room and then be without a remote while it charges.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Remote design - did anybody actually want a rechargeable remote?

First, I think I do agree, which is why I only have remotes with removable batteries.  So, if you don’t like it, the other Roku remotes (and third-party remotes) can be used.

But as for making the best of what you have now: Maybe keep the charger in the same room?  And can it work while charging?  If so, maybe get a long cable?

Banned but back. Because why not?
pronator
Channel Surfer

Good suggestions, I mostly wanted to rant.  The other Roku remotes do not have voice or a headphone jack, and I use both of those on occasion.  Do you have a favorite replacement remote?  I do love my Harmony remotes, but Logitech stopped making them.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I’ve never used a headphone jack so I can’t comment on that. But I have the (non-rechargeable) voice remote and the simple remote and both work well, (though I think both lack that jack.)  I still see Harmony remotes for sale.  Although it wouldn’t surprise me if they cost more now, because people are always trying to profit by something going out of production. Then again, does the Harmony do the headphone trick?

There are some wireless headphone devices that connect to a TV’s audio outputs.  Many of these use rechargeable batteries, but for occasional use, that might be OK.

Have you tried the Roku app?  I think??? you can do private listening through the phone???   Anyway, it’s free to find out!  Of course, the phone is rechargeable too, but most people are used to dealing with that one.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos