Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coopern29
Reel Rookie

Remote ‘OK’ button wont work on home page.

Just started having this problem today i’ve had my Roku TV for over 2 years. When i’m on the home page the ‘OK’ button on my remote won’t click into anything. Once i go into another app or onto a different menu screen it works fine. I am unable to click into my Dish TV tab. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote ‘OK’ button wont work on home page.

Hello @coopern29,

Thanks for sharing this concern with us.

Can we try to identify the remote with the help of this support article: What type of remote does my Roku device use? This is to ensure an accurate resolution will be provided. Also, when you say "Dish TV tab," do you mean the app on the Roku home screen? If not, a photo would be really helpful. Ultimately, is the OK button the only button that is unresponsive to clicks?

We're trying to gather as much information as possible in order to sort out this concern. Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coopern29
Reel Rookie

I cannot seem to attach a photo but it is a Roku TV. The remote is a standard roku remote with 4 hot program buttons going down that are Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, and Hulu. My dish receiver is connected to my TV and i have to select it from the main menu of the Roku TV. When i go to the steaming sections of the TV, the OK button will work but on the ‘Home’ tab i cannot click into Dish or any app that is not already programmed on the remote. My software is up to date as well. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried a cold restart of the set?   Try pulling the power plug for a few seconds and plugging it back in.

This can normally be done via the menus, Settings > System > Power > System restart, but you may not be able to do this if the OK button is getting no response.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
birdalot

I have the same problem. I have a simple Roku controller. The TV screen for Roku show us but the buttons do NOT do anything. Hopeless. Of course, I have tried standard approach: new batteries, new controller, nothing blocking the screen, etc. Just no interface with TV, but the TV works fine in non-Roku mode. I wonder if Roku is having some serious issues. Or just wants us to buy their latest product(s).

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this with us, @birdalot.

Since the remote you have is a simple one that is mainly operated via infrared light, kindly ensure that instead of the TV not being blocked by anything, the Roku streaming player is in line of sight with the remote. Kindly point it out directly and check for the difference. If there's still no luck after trying this, send us a PM here at the Roku Community, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Furthermore, you can use our Roku app remote feature in the meantime. It offers an alternative remote and more.

Please keep us posted.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
birdalot

Yes, the streaming player is in line of sight with the remote. Still not working when clicking on any button.

0 Kudos
birdalot

I also downloaded the app. And the app works! So what do you think the problem is? I could not adjust the volume on the TV with the app - so I need to use the TV remote for that, correct?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @birdalot,

Thank you for updating us!

Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the Support team. They're the ones that will reach you back. The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature. If you have headphones connected to your phone and are using mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this type of playback.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
birdalot

Thanks. It will be interesting to know why the app works but the new remote control does not work.

Another question: When not using Roku for awhile, the power light goes out. If I remove the power cord and then put it back into the Roku device, the light goes back on. So, is that part of the problem as well?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.