Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Devices (2), one for each TV in two different locations.

We own 2 ROKU 4K Models, purchased 1/19, 1/22/22. Since ownership, AFTER changing batteries we lose TV on/off control, and Volume control.  I'm still unplugging my TV to "reset" "something" so I can turn the TV on. Pairing occasionally works. I've always gone to Settings to identify and setup the Remotes. All to no avail.  Takes about 3-4 weeks, then suddenly the Remotes function correctly. I like ROKU but am frustrated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Control Devices (2), one for each TV in two different locations.

Greetings @olsonkathryn459 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your remote controlling the TV power and volume.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What specific Roku model devices are you using? Do you know what firmware your remotes are on these devices? You can find this information via Settings > Remotes > (your remote) > About.

Please keep us posted with the information we have requested and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos