Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronnewberg

New remote not pairing with existing usb stick Roku 3800

Remote model RC GZ1

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: new remote not pairing with existing usb stick Roku 3800

Hi @Ronnewberg 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Dyoxx101

Re: New remote not pairing with existing usb stick Roku 3800

I have remote model rc-gz1 the box that it comes in says it works with the Roku streaming stick, which I have model 3800x, and it did when I purchased it, but I had to reset the Roku stick and now it won’t pair to it and I can’t reset up the Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New remote not pairing with existing usb stick Roku 3800

Hi @Dyoxx101,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that you are having difficulties pairing your Roku Voice Remote Pro. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the remote issue.

As a first step, we recommend that you try to re-pair your voice remote with your streaming device. Start here for step-by-step instructions:

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

If the behavior continues, review the suggestions for more troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue further: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos