Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhahn1957

Remote Troubleshooting Does Not work when trying to pair remotes

Two of four ROKU previously paired remotes are not longer working.  Tried to pair but the pairing button does not respond when I go through the troubleshooting advice (unplug, take out batteries, put batteries back in, press button until light blinks green--it does not blink green).  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Troubleshooting Does Not work when trying to pair remotes

@dhahn1957

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the information provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ubgrad68
Channel Surfer

I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions with no luck. Voice Remote pairing light blinks as it should but I never get the TV screen to indicate success. Remote currently provides no function relative to my Roku stick (Model 3810X, SN 2130AA373033). My TV is not hooked up to anything else. Remote & stick have been working together for several years with only battery replacements needed. 

0 Kudos
ubgrad68
Channel Surfer

In addition to my earlier discussion of my remote/roku stick issue, I now notice that when I turn the TV on, normally the roku stick takes me to a screen saver and when the menu of apps is on too long, it also goes to the screen saver. Now, when the TV is turned on, it goes directly to the menu of apps and it never goes to the screen saver no matter how long it is on. Could it be a problem with the roku stick instead of the remote?

0 Kudos
ubgrad68
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streaming Stick frozen

My roku stick may be frozen as well. I thought it was a problem with the remote, but now I suspect it is the stick (3810x, s/n 213AA373033). My roku remote will not turn the TV on or off, so I have to turn my Sony TV on/off with a Sony TV remote & when I do, my menu of apps appears. In the past, when I turn the system on using the roku voice remote I always first saw a roku screen saver. By pressing "OK" it would take me to my menu of apps screen. If the TV is left this way, eventually another screen saver would appear. Now when leave the menu of apps on the screen, the TV never goes to a screen saver. I tried pairing the roku remote with the stick using all the tricks & tips provided with no success showing on the screen. The remote light blinks, but nothing appears on the screen except for my menu of apps.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ubgrad68

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community, 

We apologize to hear about the issue you encounter with the device and the remote. Our support team is now aware of your issue and will be reaching out to you through email.  Please be ready to receive their correspondence and continue assisting you from there. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos