Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaddamz
Reel Rookie

Rechargeable Voice Remote not responding

My remote suddenly stopped working mid movie last night. I assumed it was dead even though I never got a low battery indicator on screen. However it does not seem to charge or respond. Plugging it in only yields a flashing green light that pops up a notice on screen over and over (remote charging, remote battery life 100%). Unplugging the remote stops the light and warnings but it does not work even after being plugged into the original charger for a long time. The troubleshooting steps in here do not work because the remote does not respond even during attempts at re-pairing.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Voice Remote not responding

Hi @Aaddamz,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching us here about this issue on your remote. Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with the device? We'll be able to assist you further.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aaddamz
Reel Rookie

Hello,

No it is not. The original remote from Mar 2022 stopped working which is why I had to purchase this one which has been working since Feb 2023.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Aaddamz!

Is this a purchase you've made directly from Roku? Or through our partner retail stores like Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.

If this is directly to our partner store, we'd recommend reaching out to them for further assistance.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aaddamz
Reel Rookie

I purchased through Amazon. It is no longer available for any support through Amazon and I was directed to reach out directly to Roku for help.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Aaddamz,

We have communicated this with our Support team and we have sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KcChamps2023
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same problem.  Voice remote quit working one morning so I plugged it in.  Several hours later I unplugged it to use it as I always would after battery dead.  This time wouldn’t work.  Went thru all the unplugging power from device and try repairing that is suggested by roku.  Nothing.  So I plugged the remote back in and charging light started blinking on it, as if it’s charging.  I pointed it at the tv and hit a button and it said that the battery is 100%, and would work plugged into power for about 10-15 seconds and then would quit.  

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @KcChamps2023,

A fond greeting from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

If your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote is not working as expected, you can find troubleshooting tips for common issues, including how to pair and restart your voice remote.

How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KcChamps2023
Reel Rookie

Thanks Arjiemar for the canned answer, but as previously stated I’ve gone through all those troubleshooting options.  

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@KcChamps2023,

Thanks for the heads-up!

Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with your device? Also, have you tried charging this overnight to see if that helps?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.