Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
415Kirk

Power on/off w/Roku remote for Sony Sound Bar

I have a new Roku Streaming Stick 4k.  I set-up the remote and it will power on/off my Sony TV.  And it will control the volume on my Sony Sound Bar.  BUT it will NOT power on/off my Sony Sound Bar - I have to manually turn it on/off.  My Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k will turn BOTH my TV and Sound Bar on/off.  So, it is a bit annoying that my Roku remote won't do this.

Please help me figure out how to use my Roku remote to power on/off my sound bar.

Thank you!  -   Kirk

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Power on/off w/Roku remote for Sony Sound Bar

Welcome to the Roku Community, @415Kirk!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to provide further information about this.

The remote for Roku devices is designed to manage the TV's volume and power. The TV, equipped with HDMI-CEC, is responsible for controlling the Soundbar. Therefore, for the Soundbar to be appropriately controlled, it must be connected to the TV using an HDMI cable.

For reference, you may visit our support article dedicated to this: How to set up your Roku voice remote to control your TV

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.