Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhino86
Reel Rookie

Pairing a rechargeable Roku Enhanced Voice Pro with a LG TV Model 50PA5500-UG (pre-Smart TV)

The rechargeable remote sucks! I have 2 of them and they work great when first paired. But then the volume buttons work on and off. I want my money back. The battery remotes work best. A waste of money and they don't let me post a question or contact them. 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Pairing a rechargeable Roku Enhanced Voice Pro with a LG TV Model 50PA5500-UG (pre-Smart TV)

Greeting @Rhino86

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you tried to re-pair your remote and see if it helps?

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Please let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pairing a rechargeable Roku Enhanced Voice Pro with a LG TV Model 50PA5500-UG (pre-Smart TV)

Problem: Roku Voice Remote intermittently loses ability to send infrared Volume, Mute, and Power commands to the TV

I've never experienced this problem with any of my Voice Remotes, but it has been reported that updating to the latest remote firmware version can fix the intermittent IR command problem. This can be done via a Roku "secret menu".

Caveat: So-called "secret menus" are not officially supported by Roku. They may not work with all Roku models, and they may be discontinued at any time.

1) Go to the "secret" Platform Menu. To do this, hit the these buttons in sequence: Home five times, FF, Pause, RW, Pause, FF

2) Go to RF Remote Menu

3) Go to Over The Air (OTA) Update Menu

4) Go to OTA Firmware Update

5) Update the firmware

6) Exit

Solution source: https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes/Roku-Voice-Remote-TV-Controls-Stop-Working-Potential-Fix/m-p/8...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Dom55
Reel Rookie

I agree.  Same issue.  Power, Volume and Mute stopped working within 30 days.   Trashed it and Amazon was nice enough to give me a $20 credit so I could purchase a standard Voice Remote with removable batteries.   So far so good...

0 Kudos
Rhino86
Reel Rookie

I found out there is a secret screen menu that allows you to update the remote control. It is working good so fat. Over a week without an issue now. 

0 Kudos