Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattJinGB

Voice Remote Pro - programmable buttons question

Just bought a Voice Remote Pro because I wanted to have a couple programmable buttons. My intent was to set one of the buttons to match one from my sound bar remote (Polk MagniFi Mini AX) so I can cycle through the sound modes without having to pick up that remote basically ever again. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do that and now I'm worrying that this won't be possible. Can anyone give some guidance on this? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Remote Pro - programmable buttons question

Sorry, you can't do that.  You can only program the buttons to launch a channel/app.  They're similar to the "Partner" buttons (e.g., Hulu, Netflix, etc), but you get to choose what channel gets launched.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice Remote Pro - programmable buttons question

@MattJinGB-

The programmable buttons on the VR Pro can be used to replicate commands you can issue verbally.  If you can't successfully get the Roku to respond to a particular vocal command, you can't then lock it into one of the programmable buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos