Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnevans13
Reel Rookie

Re: Only the volume and power button works

I tried all the steps to reset it, changed the batteries, unplugged everything and replugged. tried resetting remote. NOTHING

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dnevans13

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the device already? 

When trying to perform a factory reset, are you making sure to press and hold down the reset button for 30-45 seconds regardless of what is happening on screen?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dnevans13
Reel Rookie

I have tried performing a factory reset for a minute, a few times. I have unplug it, put it in a different hdmi port, unpluged my tv, unplug from cable, and all I get is No signal.

0 Kudos
vtlady98

I am having the volume and power button working only issue as well on my roku streaming stick/remote.  My serial number is YH0083481070.  How can you help me?  Thanks so much!  Linda Barrett

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dnevans13 @vtlady98

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rinda3410

I’m having the same issue only power and volume button works I can get the pairing screen to come up on my projector but my remote keeps blinking green and still no other button works please help

0 Kudos
Palmtree

Both of our remotes are doing the same thing…… we have two roku’s and I’ve tried both remotes. They will reset but then do the same thing within 10-20 minutes of use😵💫😡

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Palmtree

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

What's the model number of the Roku device assosciated with the affected remote? If it's a Roku Streaming Stick which can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. If you own a Roku Streaming Stick, move it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable.

We would also recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stream64
Reel Rookie

All,

I had this issue as well.  Seems there is a quality issue with Roku's remotes.  I did all of the steps recommended and mine is out of warranty and the only proposal from Roku is for me to purchase a new remote.  Even though I have 2 other Ultra's and 2 4K sticks not including the third ultra that the remote failed.  They will not replace the remote if it is not in warranty.  For a company to make decisions like this for the amount of remotes failing is a quality control issue they have, seems like we will be chassing good money after bad with their approach. I hope everyone has a better experience than I have.

0 Kudos
brian2200
Channel Surfer

I can confirm if we use the Roku App on our phones Android and or Apple the Streaming Stick is working fine. Also, the Streaming Stick and App are responsive.

On the other hand, we believe the remotes are not reliable. We have now changed 3 sets of batteries. We have Paired at least a dozen times including disconnecting the Streaming Stick and reinstalling with a Roku HDMI Extension Cord. Initially the Remote works then 30 minutes later there is no response. 

Roku continues to ignore this ongoing condition by a lack of action in addressing this issue.   

0 Kudos