Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamma551

Re: Only the volume and power button works

I had the same problem after changing my wifi router and upgrading in a 5ghz network connection.  I  went back to 2.4 and it appears to have fixed the problem.  If it isn't a fix later today I will report. 

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @Gamma551

Thanks for the post.

Sounds great! feel free to post and let us know if the issue happens again.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
SarahG

Model 3910x

Sn 213127917166

I have tried all the troubleshooting. Same problem. Remote only works for on/off and volume.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Make sure nothing is blocking the front of the Roku device.

krubi54443

I am having the same issue.  Only the power button is working.  I have had my Roku Ultra less than a week and have already put in fresh batteries.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @krubi54443

Thanks for the post.

The troubleshooting steps in this Support article may help: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote Try giving it a shot.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
my32sons

I was getting an error 400 on my roku when I went to fix it only the power and the volume on my roku remote works now. Please help 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@my32sons

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you seeing anything on screen? Does the device have a light showing? Have you tried rebooting your device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
brian2200
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny:

My original posts illustrated all three Roku Remotes have issues. Lately we cannot even power the TV with one remote and others are unresponsive. Actually, I think the receiver Stick is recognizing the remote but for some reason the Stick is not implementing the command. It just freezes. When we reset and unpair and then set up the remote as a new pairing all is good but that lasts about 24 hrs then back to same no response. This occurs on all three remotes and sticks with the 3 TV we have. If we use the Mobile app all works well but we cannot power the TV On/Off with the app. So the wifi signal is good, the network is good only issue appears to be the Stick.

0 Kudos
dnevans13
Reel Rookie

Model 3800x

SN: CT389D664268

0 Kudos