Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsoto
Reel Rookie

Okay button on remote not working, even after factory reset

Jump to solution

My remote was stuck on the page “unable to connect” and the options were “network settings, restart and factory restart”. I was able to move up and down and that was all. The “ok” button wasn’t letting me choose any of the options. Someone posted on here and the replied solution was to take a pin and stick it in the hole of the back of my Roku device, to factory restart it. 
I did that and am now on the set up screen to choose my language. Again I could only move up and down and it’s not letting me press on any language option. I was able to press the home button to turn on screen reading but once I was there, I couldn’t get out of it, because I couldn’t press either option to turn it off or on. 
After this, I looked up what to do and it says to hold down the home and back button simultaneously for 20-30 seconds. I tried that multiple times, but it didn’t nothing. 
I did try changing the batteries and that did nothing either. 
I also unplugged everything and plugged everything back in and that didn’t do anything. 
Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Okay button on remote not working, even after factory reset

Jump to solution

Sounds like you need a new remote. What type and model of Roku do you have? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sounds like you need a new remote. What type and model of Roku do you have? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bsoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just checked and it is Roku Premiere (model 3920x)

Edit: I bought a new remote and it should be here in a couple of days. I’ll update if that works or not. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @bsoto.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your remote issue.

We'll be looking forward to your update on how it goes with your new replacement remote. For future reference, you may also check these links to help you with your case:

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote while we wait for the replacement to be shipped. This is a free application for iOS® and Android devices that turns your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player or Roku TV system. The mobile app's Remote feature allows you to use your phone or tablet as a Roku remote.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
bsoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, I actually did try the app, but couldn’t connect. This was because I needed to be on the same wifi network as my device, but after the factory reset I couldn’t get to the next page to connect the wifi, because the ok button wasn’t working still. 

I have received the new remote and it is working!

bsoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have received the new remote and it is working! Thank you for your help and suggestion!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.