Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iam2sam

search compatibility with Kanopy & Hoopla

Hello. I really enjoy using my Roku to stream content to my TV. I do have an issue with searching on two sources: Kanopy and Hoopla. Both of those can be subscribed to through public libraries, and while both have limits on "withdrawals", both do offer some interesting titles that can be difficult to find elsewhere. On Kanopy, I cannot successfully complete a voice search. The algorithm successfully interprets what I speak, and it is typed correctly into the search box on-screen, but always yields a "not found" result. However, if I type the same characters from the remote into the search box as appeared from my spoken command, the title is found (if actually present). Perplexing. Regarding Hoopla, there is a search function presented without an apparent voice option, but the search there does not appear to find titles that are present even when typed in correctly using the remote. Either or both of these issues could possibly lie with the stream provider, not with Roku, but, unfortunately, the main Roku search function fails to include results from either Kanopy or Hoopla. If those could be included in the main Roku search results, it would make this customer very happy. As an aside, I cannot be the first customer to comment on how difficult typing a search string using the Roku remote control is. If there was some improvement that could be made in that area (possibly a USB or Bluetooth interface to a phone or computer/keyboard) that would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.