Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Hi, Community users.

This issue has been acknowledged by the appropriate Roku team and would need further details regarding this. Can we have your Roku remote model (e.g. Roku Simple Remote, Roku Voice Remote, Roku Voice Remote Pro)? Also, there is a model number that can be located in the battery compartment of the remote.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ryanclem
Reel Rookie

Remote Model: RC-FA1  SN: 3226001238

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you so much for the follow-up, @Ryanclem.

Rest assured, we have already collected this information and forwarded it to our appropriate team for review. While waiting for this remote issue to be fixed, you can try to utilize our Roku mobile app remote feature as an alternative. Just download the app and make sure that it is connected to the same network as your Roku device.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zborgerd
Streaming Star

In my case, the TCL factory IR remote for a TCL 7117X (49S515) TV stopped working after the 12.5.0:417 update.

The batteries are fine. The remote works on another newer TCL TV without issue. The other TV's remote also doesn't work on the 7117X (49S515). At any rate, the remote(s) seems to be fine and the TV is simply no longer to respond to IR functions.

The buttons under the set still work. The mobile app works fine. The LED flashes when receiving commands from the app, so the control board appears to be operational. Just simply doesn't work with infrared anymore.

0 Kudos
ChrisGunnell
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi @RokuJanadeeK 

I'd seen in this thread that some people's issue was resolved by another software update to their streaming players. This is not the case for me. Also, to consolidate my information across posts in this thread...

Issue is with model 4200X - Roku 3 SN 4124c8066684 and Remote model RC19 P/N 3226000081 currently running software v 12.5.0 build 4175 updated 10/18/23 (issue presented after automatic update on 10/5/23 to v 12.5.0 build 4169-04)

Remote indicates it is attempting to pair but streaming device fails to recognize.

Streaming device works with wifi connected Roku iPhone app remote and also with old style remote (P/N 9026000010-01) that came with model 2050X that I happened to have in a box in the basement.

Thanks for being active on this issue. Hoping for a swift resolution.

0 Kudos
dhob
Channel Surfer

I to am having this issue with the remote.   

Model: 4802RW - Roku Ultra
Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-C2
SN: X01000PV7SYV
Remote: RC832

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @ChrisGunnell!

This information you have provided is so much help. We'll also communicate this to the right team and add these details.

We'll get back here once we have information available about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dhob,

Thanks for the post!

We'd like to learn more about this. And it seems like your device is still on 12.0. Could you tell us when did you start seeing the issue occur? Have you tried any troubleshooting, and what didn't work?

With more information, we'll be able to further assist  you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhob
Channel Surfer

I think the issue started Wednesday.  I've tried rebooting the remote multiple times, Unplugged the device for 10 min, restarted and paired.  

What I am experiencing is the green light on the back of the remote continuously blinks and the remote power level keeps popping up on the screen (last checked it was at 52%).  Have to click navigation/ok buttons multiple times before desired action is performed.  And the newest issue started this morning is the remote will turn on the TV without pressing any buttons.   Occasionally "pairing" will display on the screen and then go a way. 

0 Kudos
JM16
Channel Surfer

Like Chris, I've a 4200X - Roku 3 SN 1GU478153106, remote model RC03 P/N 9026000130, currently running software v 12.5.0 build 4175 updated 10/19/23. Issue originally presented after 10/5/23 update. Remote continues to attempt to pair but streaming device fails to recognize. Streaming device does work with wi-fi Roku iPhone app.  Thank you @RokuERey  for your assistance in resolving this matter.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.