Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghouston
Binge Watcher

Re: Volume starts to go up all the way with just one click of voice remote pro

Yep. I know. 

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

It would be great if they'd at least rollback the OS in the interim.

Mithlan

This is also happening on my different Roku devices.   The volume controls even totally stop working at times, then recover later.   It is quite annoying and have considered after a decade of using Roku that it may be time to consider a new vendor.  Be nice if Roku Support would post a link to a bug to watch in their system instead of users being left in the dark on progress.

I do not work at Roku but work in the software industry.  Their release cadence seems to be around two times a year in the March/April and September timeframe to the developer community.  The release to the general public is then rolled out in the following months for different models. Assuming the next release fixes the bug, my guess is we’re looking at about May for new software to start being deployed to devices is my guess. 

Link to developer Roku os versions and release dates.
https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/release-notes/roku-os-release-notes.md

model 3821x, 11.5.0 build 4312-CU

remote RC701 firmware rtn.4186

voice capture firmware en_US, 0024

Samsung 4k tv with Samsung sound-bar

Any chance tech support can confirm the bug has been fixed and will be resolved in the next release?

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

Wait a minute... I was always able to reproduce the dreaded volume blasting with the greatest of ease, but now I am unable to reproduce it.

My Roku OS version did not bump either.  One thing I did notice was my Sony TV just did a software update.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @donb,

Thanks for keeping up posted. 

Great news to hear that the issue you are seeing has been resolved. Your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are always here to help you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos