Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bland
Reel Rookie

Not even month old remote stopped working randomly.

My roku voice remote batteries died. I replaced them, turned my roku and tv back on using said roku remote. Next thing I know, the remote just doesn't work. I've tried every step you could take from repairing, turning everything on and off, unplugging the roku device, using the app to get to the pairing menu and finally, factory resetting. Problem is, the remote either doesn't actually work or and only if it decides it actually wants to use its led indicator, just straight refuses to pair to my roku device. And everything I googled and searched for has only given me the same dog water answers I've tried already and stupid answers like, "just use the app" under similar problems of people who have also gotten stuck on the setup screen after factory resetting. I've lost count at how many times I've had issues since I've bought this **bleep** thing and now I'm wondering how terrible Roku support is based off every post I've read of similar issues from other people and the terrible and unhelpful replies from Roku support themselves. And I'm also wondering how bad the products are in general to consistently have issues with no real answer other than the same regurgitated responses and "I'll pass this on to advisors" with no follow up and the potential "buy a new *insert product here* to solve the issue."

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not even month old remote stopped working randomly.

Hi @bland, thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience and we assure you that we'll help you with this issue. To start, please provide the following information so that we can better assist you.

• What specific Roku device this remote was paired to?
  • Is this the remote that came with it or was this purchased separately? What model is this remote?
  • When and where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.