Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pattyw
Reel Rookie

No star button on my Hisense Roku tv remote

Jump to solution

There is no star (*) option button on my Hisense Roku tv remote how do I move channels around when this isn’t on my remote?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No star button on my Hisense Roku tv remote

Jump to solution

@pattyw 

That not a true Roku tv remote, its aftermarket universal remote for many different models of Hisense Smart tv's, some it controls better than others. Its not programmable remote so can't add missing commands like the option key, you're stuck with what's preset. If you don't want a true Roku tv remote, one that lacks 0-9 keys, there are other universal remotes that will give access to missing commands and have 0-9 keys available. Like:

Insignia™ 5-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT5D21 - Best Buy

You can add the option key to whatever free button by doing the follow on the Insignia remote using tv code 4398:

1. tv

2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SETUP for one blink

5. enter 0 0 2 5 4

6. pick a key

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

That seems odd.  A long, long time ago the * button had an i on it, but I think that was before Roku TVs even existed.  You could always use the app on a phone or tablet as a remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@pattyw 

There must be ( * ) button on the remote but if you are talking about it is not a working button then you can set up shortcuts on your tv homescreen-shortcuts and add channels. You can select channel by using up/down arrow keys. Other way is press ( < ) key to show channels numbers.

0 Kudos
pattyw
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@edroksense There is no * (options) button on this remote, you can view it on Amazon the model number is EN2A27 for Hisense Smart TV Remote. With no * (options) button there is no way to rearrange apps or to get to the options menu for the apps. It has been driving me nuts, as I can’t believe this is missing from this model Hisense Roku remote!!☹️

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would guess the "gear" button to the upper left of the directional pad would function as * on that remote.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On second thought, I noticed that the page for that came up when I searched for that remote didn't mention "roku" anywhere - they claim they work with Hisence Smart TVs and android TVs.

So I searched for roku in the questions portion and found mixed replies as to whether it works with Roku TV - some yes, some no, one that said yes - sort of - but there is no * key so it's not that useful...

So maybe not...

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@pattyw 

That not a true Roku tv remote, its aftermarket universal remote for many different models of Hisense Smart tv's, some it controls better than others. Its not programmable remote so can't add missing commands like the option key, you're stuck with what's preset. If you don't want a true Roku tv remote, one that lacks 0-9 keys, there are other universal remotes that will give access to missing commands and have 0-9 keys available. Like:

Insignia™ 5-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT5D21 - Best Buy

You can add the option key to whatever free button by doing the follow on the Insignia remote using tv code 4398:

1. tv

2. press and hold SETUP for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SETUP for one blink

5. enter 0 0 2 5 4

6. pick a key

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.