Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

Hi Community Users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your Roku remote replacement. Kindly send us a private message together with your shipping address, phone number, and type of Roku remote (simple, voice, or voice pro) so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your message.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
georgemandl
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku remote right arrow

I have the same issue with my remote. It's a replacement remote for my Streambar. That original remote went bad after about 2 years, and I used my phone as a remote for awhile, then finally replaced it in November with a new one (Roku brand, almost identical to what came with the streambar). The navigate-right button is basically useless now. I've tried all the repairing, fresh battery steps, etc. but it seems like a physical or mechanical issue because the other buttons are fine.

I could use help getting a replacement if anyone at Roku reads this. @RokuJanadeeK @RokuJohnB 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @georgemandl,

Thanks for sharing this with us. We understand that you're having issues with your remote; no worries, we're here to assist.

Please provide us with these details so our team can investigate this issue further:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Also, we have sent you a PM here at the Roku Community, as we may need further information to resolve this remote issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
georgemandl
Channel Surfer

Thanks, I'll send you all that in the PM

0 Kudos
georgemandl
Channel Surfer

I replied with all the info in PM. Did you have a chance to review @RokuJanadeeK ?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @georgemandl,

Yes, we have received, collected, and forwarded the information you have shared through PM to the appropriate team. Rest assured, this will be monitored and investigated by the team.

Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
georgemandl
Channel Surfer

@RokuJanadeeK  thanks. I'm just looking for a replacement as it’s under warranty. Sorry to bother you here on the forums about it, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to call or get this replacement going through normal channels. When I log into my account it only sees my original streambar, so it doesn’t register this newer remote as part of my Roku product collection, and therefore won’t let me start a return. This is too complicated!

0 Kudos
Galschals
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuJanadeeK 

Here are the details:

Model:3810EU Roku streaming stick+
Software version:12.5.5 build 4174-50. Please help . I have replaced batteries, disconnected power did every thing . The right button on the remote is sticky. The remote is replacement , just a month old

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up, @Galschals.

No worries We have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
georgemandl
Channel Surfer

@RokuJanadeeK @RokuJohnB How long does this usually take? A product under warranty that's broken should be replaced pretty quickly. I've had this conversation with you here, and in PM, with no real results other than "please be patient while we investigate". What's to investigate? My remote broke and is under warranty...

Since nothing has come of talking here, I've also had two chats with Roku customer support.

The first person assured I'd have a replacement in 3-5 business days, and not to worry.

The second one, with that information in hand, told me to go to Target where I made my purchase. He acted as though the first chat didn't exist. He then directed me to one phone number that had a voicemail, and the "help with devices" option just directed me back to the website. Then he offered a second phone number which kept ringing. Nobody answered, and there was no voicemail or anything, just ringing. I told him this number didn't work and he said to "try calling back in 24 hours". I asked why, and his response was to repeat "try in 24 hours", no explanation. He was full of vague and repetitive answers. I find it odd (at the very least) that Roku would have some secondary number where no person or machine picks up, and the advice is to try back in a day. It's somewhere between unprofessional and suspicious.

I don't understand how a basic return on a faulty $20 device that's under warranty from a major brand can be so complicated. Is Roku operating in bad faith here? Like making a simple return so difficult that the customer gets frustrated and just buys another one? Feels like that. I am super disappointed, and wondering if/when to involve the BBB.

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.