Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LinLu

How to pair simple remote with no pairing button

Jump to solution

How do I pair a simple remote with no pairing button? Im trying to pair with a roku express. When I use a diffrent remote that works on the tv and I got to the settings to add a new remote it wants you to use the pairing button, but it doesn't have one! I know the remote is working because I use my phone camera and it shows the light when I push buttons. What else can I try to get the remote to work? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to pair simple remote with no pairing button

Jump to solution

Hey there, @LinLu!

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community! We're here to help you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku remote.

Please be advised that if your remote has a voice button, you have a Roku voice remote. If it does not, you have a Roku simple remote.

Note:

• The Roku simple remote works only with the Roku Express model 3960R and doesn't require pairing. Simply point it at the device.
  • If you have a Roku voice remote that does not have a pairing button, just press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For detailed instructions, please visit our support page at How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey there, @LinLu!

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community! We're here to help you with the issue you're experiencing with your Roku remote.

Please be advised that if your remote has a voice button, you have a Roku voice remote. If it does not, you have a Roku simple remote.

Note:

• The Roku simple remote works only with the Roku Express model 3960R and doesn't require pairing. Simply point it at the device.
  • If you have a Roku voice remote that does not have a pairing button, just press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds or until you see the status light begin to flash.

For detailed instructions, please visit our support page at How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LinLu 

Does this simple remote have a power button and volume keys along the side? If so, this is Roku TV IR remote, useless on Roku devices, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.