Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smb12321
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku remote right arrow not responding

Not sure I responded but if your button has got progressively harder to use no amount of "reset", tricks, etc will work.  The issue is gunk buildup on the metal plate with the "clicks".  Take out batteries, wash the board in mild soapy water, rinse and let completely dry.  (My entire board was "gooey"- 99% certain it is the dust buildup from static electricity not handled correctly. )  I never have this trouble with any other remote so it's almost certain a design flaw.  Good Luck - I switched to the tv remote - not nearly as simple but then never the problems I always got with roku.   

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

Re: New Roku remote right arrow not responding

I'm now on my 3rd replacement remote, all have had the same > button fault as described in this thread.  Just like the other two, the latest one lasted just 1.5 months!  ROKU promised to send me 2 replacements and have sent absolutely nothing to me. 

I've had to write to them again:

"Where are the replacement remotes I was promised from ROKU?

I have had to buy a 3rd one at the beginning of September 2024.  It's now 27th October 2024 and this one, which again I have paid for, is no longer working.  The > navigation button does not work properly; it's having to be pressed so extremely hard to get it to react.

Also, why have I been lied to by ROKU about replacements being sent?  Where are they and what is the problem?  If it's a Dutch address, then send them to my UK address.  My UK address is:

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXX

I have never felt so disappointed and been deliberately lied to by any company I have ever done business with in all my 58 years on this planet.

ROKU, you are an utter disgrace. Your products are not fit for purpose and your CS reps seem to be duplicitous liars.

Regards

XXXXXXXX"

Now, where are the replacement remotes I was more than once promised via Private Message?

If this is not resolved I will be reporting ROKU to the UK Trading Standards Authority for the deliberate selling of a product to the public, in this case remote controls, which ROKU is more than aware are defective and not fit for purpose.  The deliberate selling of defective and not fit for purpose products is ILLEGAL under English and Scottish law in the United Kingdom.

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Streaming Star

Re: Brand new Roku Remote - right arrow not responding

How many times has this useless non-anwser been posted on this thread by ROKU?

"Welcome to the Roku Community, XXXXXX

Thanks for reaching out and for letting us know about this. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution so you can continue streaming.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• What specific Roku remote model are you having this issue with? 
  • Where did you purchase this?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly"

You've known about this for MONTHS.  Yet, all we get are nonsensical copy and paste replies from CS reps that seem to be utterly ignorant of the problem.  Do you not read the threads you reply to?  Are you simply incompetent or do you just have no technical knowledge whatsoever?  Is it one of these or all three?  Your help is of no value whatsoever as you NEVER actually help.  3 remotes, all with the same problem and useless within 1-2 months of buying them.  These voice remotes are cheap, shoddy rubbish from a company that has no pride in its quality control and no interest in fixing its own basic design flaw.

If this is not resolved I will be reporting ROKU to the UK Trading Standards Authority for the deliberate selling of a product to the public, in this case remote controls, which ROKU is more than aware are defective and not fit for purpose.  The deliberate selling of defective and not fit for purpose products is ILLEGAL under English and Scottish law in the United Kingdom.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.