Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithmun47

New Roku Remote Not working

I purchased a new remote for Roku streaming stick. It does not have pairing button like my old remote. I cannot get it to work and have tried everything your website told me to do multiple times

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku Remote Not working

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @smithmun47!

We appreciate you reaching out for support. We'd be happy to provide information about this and help you pair the correct remote.

Please be informed that we have various types of physical Roku remotes that are compatible with specific Roku devices. One is the Roku Players (simple) remote, which doesn't have Power and Volume buttons and works via IR. This remote doesn't need to be paired. 

Kindly consider checking the Roku Voice Remote and see its compatible devices section. 

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lingcod

Just arrived, brand new Roku streaming stick 4K, model# 380X2, SN SOJ7343F1FCF.

Have spent more than an hour trying to pair the voice remote (home and back button model)
with the stick.

Should I just return for a refund becuase clearly something is wrong with the device,
remote or the setup process just doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @lingcod!

Thank you for letting us know about this. No worries! We're here to provide further information and help you pair your physical Roku remote to your TV.

Please be informed that the remote that came with a Roku Streaming Stick 4K is a voice-activated remote that has a pairing button. Kindly refer to the steps provided below to help you pair this successfully. 

If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.

For reference, here's the support article: How to set up and pair your Roku Voice remote

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lingcod

Thank-you.

Did that.

I am returning the device for a full refund.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @lingcod.

For reference, you may refer to these links to help you:

I hope you find this information helpful. If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, feel free to reach out anytime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.