Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newbewan

Unable to re-pair RC11 simple remote with 4630X device

I have an RC111 simple remote that came with my 4630x player. I have since paired it to my ROKU tv. It does have volume buttons and a headphone jack which all function perfectly.

Only issue i have is that i can't reverse the process and re-pair it with the 4630x as i can't delete the tv pairing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to re-pair RC11 simple remote with 4630X device

@newbewan, if it has volume buttons and a headphone jack, it's not a simple remote.  Is there a pairing button inside the battery compartment (sorry, RC111 doesn't mean anything to me)?  A Roku remote can only be paired to one device at a time, so once you pair it to one device it loses any pairing that it previously had.  You may have to unplug the power to the TV so that it doesn't interfere when you try to pair it to the 4630.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.