Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Backlit Remote Doesn't Work

I purchased one of the new remotes that lights up and it has never worked correctly from the get go.  I purchased it on 08/14/24.  It sometimes works and then stops working.  I've charged it, I've reset it, I've repaired it to the roku - nothing fixes it.  Support was of no help - they either told me to change the batteries (duh - it's rechareable) or to charge for 24 hours (I've done that so many times I have lost count) and then told to call back after charging.  When I call back with the same issues; I get the same advice.  Basically support gave me the run around until I was out of the 30 day replacement period.  The remote doesn't work at all now.

$30 is awfully expensive for a remote that is worthless.  Anyone have any ideas????

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Backlit Remote Doesn't Work

Hi, @stratcat204 Greetings here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've encountered and appreciate your patience regarding the issues with your Roku Voice Remote (2nd Edition). Your experience is important to us, and we are committed to helping you.

Please expect a private message shortly, as we will provide further assistance with this matter. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@stratcat204 wrote:

Basically support gave me the run around until I was out of the 30 day replacement period.  The remote doesn't work at all now.

Hopefully you know this now, but don't let that happen.  Typically I won't even engage any support (besides posting on a forum) if the thing doesn't work out of the box.

Banned but back. Because why not?

I'm trying to pm, but it keeps telling me I've reached my number of pm's even though one hasn't gone through yet!

FINALLY, went through!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.