Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

@Robb23                                                              

try https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with pairing your remote, we would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KDavis679

I am having the exact same problem as Nicola0725 and Chrissy4. A brand new Roku Express 4K+ and it’s not pairing. I’ve watched multiple videos on YouTube about troubleshooting and read several articles. Even though they all basically say the same thing, nothing works. It doesn’t matter how many times I try or how many variations I try. Supposedly there is a helpful article at https://support.roku.com/en-us/article/208755708 but when I go there it says, “article not found”. The sn number is S07P5158DS87 and I’m trying to hook it up to a Samsung smart tv (which was previously hooked up to an older Roku without any issues). Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KDavis679

Thanks for the post.

We're not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing with that Support link. Have you tried accessing that page through another web browser?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KBloyd

Remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+.  Like other users I have tried all the trouble shooting options and nothing works.  SN SO7P216CJGWR. Model 3941X

0 Kudos
drnotime
Binge Watcher

The only way I can get remotes to pair is (you may have already done this) To unplug the Roku player and wait 15 seconds.  Then press the pairing button on remote, then plug back in the Roku player

0 Kudos
JCat

Like others I have tried all the trouble shooting tips - my new Roku Express 4K+ won’t pair with my TV — I’m stuck on the “Pair your remote” screen — my remote is flashing green and my device is flashing blue.  As suggested by drnotime, I tried unplugging my Roku device, waited 15 seconds, press the pair button and then plugged it back in — when I did that I momentarily got the “Let’s get started” screen where it asks to select a language -  however, I couldn’t go any farther and then it went back to the “Pair your remote” screen.E1984945-0655-408F-8A44-5C8EA73A15D4.jpeg

0 Kudos
JCat

Sorry — forgot to include my SN:  S07P21911JUL — model: 3941X

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If you just bought it then return it. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JCat,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience. But not worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos