Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perry2
Channel Surfer

My Roku device keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

My Roku continues to Sroll with batteries out.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Hi @Perry2

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We would like to help you find out what's going on with your Roku device. Were you able to restart your Roku device from the Setting menu? If so, go to Settings > System > System restart. If this is impossible to do, we suggest you unplug the device from the power source for 10 - 15 minutes and see if it helps. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

View solution in original post

Perry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The remote that came with my Old TV was jammed. A button was stuck. I took the batteries out and now my new Roku works great on my old Vizio. My of Vizio is not a Smart TV.

Problem is solved.

co

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
57 REPLIES 57
PenD

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Jump to solution

I returned a new Roku Streaming Stick because it kept scrolling.  Got a new one, same problem!  This is all after returning a Roku tv because picture was blurry and had no TV settings available.  The remotes seem to be defective.  Please help. I'm about to return again and find another Streaming device.

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Jump to solution

Hi @PenD

Welcome to the Roku Community

We totally understand how much important is your remote to navigate on your Roku Streaming Stick, let's work on it to fix your concern.

We need to gather more information about your issue:

• Are you experiencing an issue after you remove the batteries on the remote and put it back on?
  • Have you tried to set up new batteries on your Roku remote?

If so, please provide us your device ID or serial number so that we can assist you better.

Warm Regards,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Perry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku scrolls constantly it will not stop on anything

0 Kudos
Perry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No and it keeps scrolling with batteries out!

0 Kudos
Perry2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m sorry it is a Vizio TV. I have a Roku plugged into my TV, and I use the Roku remote that came with it.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Perry2

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We would like to help you find out what's going on with your Roku device. Were you able to restart your Roku device from the Setting menu? If so, go to Settings > System > System restart. If this is impossible to do, we suggest you unplug the device from the power source for 10 - 15 minutes and see if it helps. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

chuckp235

Jump to solution

Hi, my Roku TV keeps scrolling and it's completely out of control. I've been working in IT Tech Support for over 30 years and there are no fixes that have resolved this issue so far. Last night I noticed my Roku remote starting acting strangely with a little delay. Then later I noticed that my Roku device kept asking me to setup my remote which I tried to do this evening. However, this evening I was not able to get my Roku remote working and instead it will just endlessly scroll so I no longer have any control over my remote or Roku device - they are DOA. Strange thing is that I have a second Roku device in my bedroom and when I tried using that remote it behaved exactly the same way. I tried factory resetting my bedroom Roku device and all that did was factor reset my Roku device which I still have no control over that remote control. My remote doesn't have a power button or a reset button so mine is the model that pairs when you install the batteries. Nothing worked. I also unplugged EVERYTHING fro 20 minutes which also had NO EFFECT. Please help me get my Roku devices working or I'll just pay the money to purchase Apple TV because I know that those devices, do, in fact, work. Please help me remain your customer..... Thanks in advance for your help....

chuckp235

Jump to solution

This quite clearly is planned obsolescence as BOTH of my Roku remotes began acting this way last night and this morning. Up until then they had BOTH been behaving normally. I've watched all the YouTube videos, I've read ALL the support articles and read ALL of the Roku support threads and TRIED EVERYTHING. So, what will it be? Will you tell me to simply get over it? Or, will you help me resolve this troubling issue effecting BOTH of my Roku remotes on the same day and keep me as your customer? Otherwise, I'll believe in Apple Computer?.......

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @chuckp235

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community.

We recognize your concern about having issues with your Roku remote and we'd love to help you with this.

Before we give you further assistance, we would like to ask you a couple of questions first:

• Have you tried to remove the batteries from your remote? If so, does your issue still occur?
  • Are you able to stop the scrolling if you press any button?

Keep us posted and we will be happy to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos