Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephensr
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV remote suddenly popped

My Roku TV remote suddenly popped for no reason and when I opened the back the battery was leaking a clear liquid and it felt hot. It still works but not sure if I should use it. Has this happened to anyone before?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku TV remote suddenly popped

@stephensr 

I sounds like a defective battery. You didn't say you remove and replace the batteries, but I hope you did. You should, if you didn't.

Panasonic: Battery leakage: causes and prevention

Do It Yourself: What to Do When AAA Batteries Leak

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Anothercustomer
Reel Rookie

I am going to assume this will all be swept under the rug. For an "expert" to say, change the batteries it is an insult, it's like asking if there is gas in the tank when your car won't start. If you do ANY sesarching around on forums you will find thousands of comments/complaints/issues like this. I had the same thing happen to two of my remotes, separate units and both had different types of batteries in them. Obviously, Roku does not want to admit to a problem because, replacing many thousands (at the least) of remotes would be very expensive. If I could, I would report the "expert" to their manager for incompetence. We get this level of customer service from companies because we allow it to happen. Also, notice that Roku DOES NOT make it easy to talk to anyone? Hmm, bet that is the reason. Anyway, I have no help here for you other than to say, now that you know there is an issue, keep a close eye on it. So far I have not heard or read of any fires.

Hey "expert" if you are reading this, feel free to get ahold of me, prove me wrong, please.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Anothercustomer

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device(s) that you are experiencing remote issues with? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Anothercustomer
Reel Rookie

Well, I'll be. You could knock me over with a feather. Thank you!

Two Roku's Model#'s 3900x

both have Remotes with Model #'s RC-ALIR

ID# c33838324643

ID#c43830237144

0 Kudos
stephensr
Reel Rookie

Hello,

It was a Roku TV remote, Model number 101018E0030.